Saturday, October 1, 2011

Growing up.

Okay so before you read this you have to listen to this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yexok3UI8

When I listen to that song it makes me think one thing....

"Dang... I'm lonely!"

Hahahahah I promise this will get happy.

It also makes me think of my parents. They've been married for almost 20 years now. When I look at them I see what I want to have when I get older. And I'm excited about that. My parents were both in their early 20's when they got married. So potentially I could be meeting my future wife... That is one of the most exciting and terrifying things that has been on my mind lately. Exciting because I really wanna be in love. I'm a big ol' softie =). And terrifying because... well... because it's scary to grow up. Think about it... if you were given the choice to stay in the safety and security of your loving home with minimal responsibilities and no fear of the unknown then why would you ever leave? You would be looked after, could play as much Call of Duty as you wanted and would never have to worry about anything.

So why would you ever want to grow up?

Because that is a very unfulfilling life. People aren't meant to be alone. God created us with the need for relationships. That's why Adam was given Eve. I mean he's already living in the Garden of Eden. It's heaven on earth. Yet God still gave him Eve. Humans need that relationship. I know it's something that I really can't wait for.

With that being said... I'm done with settling. I don't know who my future wife will be... but I do know that she will be more amazing than any other girl I've loved. The woman that I'm meant to be with is going to be incredible and I can't wait to meet her.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I've definitely grown up A LOT even since high school. If you asked me what I would have thought about growing up and being independent last year I would have told you that I was terrified. Heck, I still am terrified. But it's an incredible realization when you understand "Hey, I CAN do this. I can totally survive independently."

Funny how this whole rant came from one simple love song... but hey that's how I think I guess. So now I gotta stop using the internet as a blatant distraction from my homework. It's essay time.

Later internet.

1 comment: