Sunday, October 16, 2011

My friends say I should act my age. What's my age again? What's my age again?

I've only been alive for 18 years. I still have a lot to learn from life, but I also think that I have learned some pretty important things in life. Here's 18 things I have learned so far. I know that I will be updating this list as I grow up.


1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
It isn’t.
Deal with it.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
If you want to change something you can’t be afraid of moving forward.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Because I love love and I hate hate.

4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

There’s billions of people in the world... You’re not as important as you think you are.
5. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
He created the universe. I don’t think you’re temper tantrum is gonna phase him.

6. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
You don’t know what other people have gone through. 

7. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

You shouldn’t be embarrassed to be with that person.

8. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.

It’s why I’m not stressin’

9. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.

It’s good to be expressive.

10. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

Don’t let other people influence the way you think or feel.

11. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
If you truly love something or someone then you won’t be able to take no for an answer.

12. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

Pretty much describes me.

13. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

If you’re not in charge of your happiness then are you really happy?

14. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
People overreact. The biggest, most dramatic, devastating moment in your teenage life is so incredibly small and insignificant in the overall plot of your life. Chill.

15. Always choose life.

I think this one’s fairly straightforward.

16. Forgive everyone everything.
Holding grudges suck. And they’re dumb. Just like the people that hold grudges.

17. God loves you because of who He is. Not because of something you did or didn’t do.
There is nothing that you can do that will make God love you any more or any less than he already does.

18. Believe in miracles.
If you don’t then there will be times in your life when you have no hope. Believe in miracles and you will always have hope.

I think i’ve written enough today.
Later Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment