Monday, October 3, 2011

Music!!

Hey there internet!

I'm in a really good mood today and I thought I might share why with you!!! YAY!

Okay so the first reason is that I finished my super hard, super long essay. So that's a positive.

And secondly I found an awesome super happy song!! It's called sol. by Mausi.

If you haven't heard it you should check it out. I love music so much because of the affect it can have on your day. If you are having an average day and you hear a song that's ridiculously happy then generally you'll be happier. At least that's how it is with me.

It can have the opposite affect as well. When I'm in a bad mood or am upset about something I'll listen to City and Colour. Makes me feel more sad. Sometimes that's a good thing though. I've come to the realization that if you try and act happy all the time and try to bury your actual feelings then terrible things can happen. For me, I know that people view me as that kid that's always happy. And yes generally I am in a good mood. But there was a time not too long ago when I went through a rather difficult time in my life and I was super duper depressed. I would put on my happy face and try to hide how I was really feeling in an attempt to please the people around me. I figured that they wouldn't really enjoy being around a debby downer. AKA me at that point in time. So instead of wearing grey on grey and being a sad panda, I would force myself to be happy and cheerful about everything.

Needless to say, that was a terrible idea. I didn't tell anyone how I really felt and I felt totally alone.

I'm not trying to bash my friends or anything. I'm sure that if I had been unhappy about everything they would have supported me and everything would have been fine. But, I dunno, I guess I was afraid of being that sad kid in the group. You know?

But it's okay because now I can legitimately say that I am happier than I have ever been in my life. And I'm filled with this incredible joy and it's awesome!

So back to my original point about music. I really like music that makes me feel happy because it corresponds with my mood. So if you need a little happy right now try this playlist! =)

sol. - Mausi
Young Blood - Naked and Famous
Daylight - Matt and Kim
High of 75 - Relient K
1901 - Pheonix
This Too Shall Pass - OK GO
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Float On - Modest Mouse
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Flux - Bloc Party
Little Secret - Passion Pit

Hopefully one of those songs made you smile =)

Later internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment