Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Need to want less.

When I was 6 I wanted a new bike.
When I was 10 I wanted a dog.
When I was 14 I wanted to fit in. I wanted friends.
When I was 16 I wanted a car.
When I was 17 I wanted a girl named Elle. Or more appropriately when I was 15, 16, and 17.
Now I want Everything.
I only need enough to survive.
It’s funny because everything I used to want I got. I’ve gotten a few new bikes, I have a dog, I’m pretty sure I have friends, I have a car, I had a girl.
Some things took longer for me to achieve than others but I have been able to get everything I’ve wanted.
Now those wants have changed or they’re gone.
I still have a bike and my dog is with my parents. The people I call my friends are not the same people I called my friends when I was 14. My car is broken down.
Anyone who knows me at all knows how much my want for that girl has changed.
I know that my wants and my needs have changed a lot. 
Right now all I’m trying to do is survive.
Survival.
That's all.
Later Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment